FCTRY is a Brooklyn-based product design studio with start-up vibes and a unique company culture. We’re serious, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our motto, Make it Fun, is exactly what we do. We turn ideas into products; weird and wonderful products that people go crazy for. Heard of Unicorn Snot? That’s us. The RBG Action Figure? Also us.
We’re run by a small, talented team of designers, artists and writers who combine top-notch design with innovative marketing strategies to create compelling consumer products then build fun, vibrant cult brands around them. This has led to some pretty impressive results, and as a result we’re growing too fast for our own good.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for for a hustler with a heart of gold to be our Sales Coordinator. Someone who dreams at night about things like customer service, inventory allocation, shipment tracking, reporting – you get the idea. You’re a detail-oriented problem solver with a proven track record of efficient task management, superhuman organizational skills and an above-and-beyond approach to customer service.
We move quickly at FCTRY. A lot will be thrown your way, and it’s a great opportunity to grow your existing skills and learn some new ones. We also have some pretty awesome benefits like Citi Bike pass, unlimited time off, a casual office environment (complete with a ping-pong table), and more. Interested?
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Worked the floor at three trade shows; two in New York and one in Vegas
- Set up an in-store promo event for Unicorn Snot at a retail store in DUMBO
- Demonstrated our new Holographic Umbrella on Japanese television
- Allocated inventory for Barnes and Noble, Ricky’s, Nordstrom and American Eagle
- Generated commission reports for seven rep groups and helped negotiate terms with a new one
- Given the best darn customer service possible to buyers from over 300 wholesale accounts
- Ensure the timely shipping of more than $300k worth of merchandise
- Played cornhole at Pig Beach — in the rain, covered in glitter
Are you our perfect Sales Coordinator? Let’s see. You would (ideally):
- Have a bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in sales or a related organizational role
- Have the flexibility to travel occasionally
- Have superb organizational skills with experience in calendaring and task/project management
- Have a knack for sales; a sparkling personality, professionalism, and the patience to take on any and every customer
- Love working independently and thrive when given freedom and flexibility. You communicate well and don’t need your hand held.
- Be a digital native — you’ll need to know your way around an Excel spreadsheet, and having knowledge of Asana is a plus.
- Not take yourself too seriously. You’re going to be selling Unicorn Snot, after all