FCTRY is a Brooklyn-based product design studio with start-up vibes and a unique company culture. We’re serious, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our motto, Make it Fun, is exactly what we do. We turn ideas into products; weird and wonderful products that people go crazy for. Heard of Unicorn Snot? That’s us. The RBG Action Figure? Also us.
We’re run by a small, talented team of designers, artists and writers who combine top-notch design with innovative marketing strategies to create compelling consumer products then build fun, vibrant cult brands around them. This has led to some pretty impressive results, and as a result we’re growing too fast for our own good.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a resourceful Production Coordinator with an artist’s eye and a bookkeeper’s brain. Someone who dreams at night about things like purchase planning, quality control, improving operational efficiencies – you get the idea. You’re a problem solver with a proven track record of managing production processes, recording and maintaining product lists, and communicating effectively within and across our busy teams.
We move quickly at FCTRY. A lot will be thrown your way, and it’s a great opportunity to grow your existing skills and learn some new ones. We also have some pretty awesome benefits like Citi Bike pass, unlimited time off, a casual office environment (complete with a ping-pong table), and more. Interested?
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Communicated product and packaging design specs for the RBG Action Figure to a Chinese factory
- Managed POs for 20+ SKUs with over a dozen factories in China, Taiwan, and the US
- Coordinated shipments of holographic material and cosmetic glitter from Europe to Asia
- Maintained regulatory compliance for children's umbrellas in Korea, Prop 65 in California, Sunglasses labeling in Australia
- Helped source the perfect tiny tube for samples of our famed glitter sunscreen
- Played cornhole at Pig Beach — in the rain, covered in glitter
Are you our perfect Production Coordinator? Let’s see. You would (ideally):
- Have a bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience in a related role
- Have superb organizational skills with experience in scheduling and order management. You’ll need to know your way around an Excel spreadsheet, and knowledge of Asana is a plus
- Have a knack for numbers – you’ll need it to keep track of production costs and payments, inventory management and more
- Have top-notch communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships within and beyond your department, including our overseas partners
- Love working independently and thrive when given freedom and flexibility. You communicate well but don’t need your hand held.
- Not take yourself too seriously. You’re going to be producing Unicorn Snot, after all